Optimizing Exercise for Mitochondrial Health and Longevity
You already know that exercise is a vital part of any mitochondria-boosting protocol – but what kind of exercise is best? Join Dr. David Duizer, BSc, ND to get evidence-based exercise recommendations designed to improve mitochondrial density, function, and prevent age-related decline. Starting with baseline fitness assessments and mitochondrial labs, David will take a deep dive into developing personalized protocols to improve strength and aerobic fitness in your aging patients.
What You Will Learn
- Understand how different types of exercise contribute to mitochondrial health including progressive overload strength training, high intensity interval training, sprint interval training and medium intensity continuous training.
- Identify the best labs to related to mitochondrial dysfunction including lactate, lactate/pyruvate ratio, uric acid and organic acid assessments.
- Design goal-specific exercises for mitochondrial wellness and increase compliance in aging patients
- Category A credits – no quiz required!
- Opportunity to ask the presenter questions
- Unlimited, lifetime access to the recording
- Slides and clinic resources
Dr. David Duizer, BSc, ND
Dr. David Duizer, BSC, ND is ISSA–certified as a Specialist in Sports Conditioning. He currently sits as Vice-Chair on the Board of Directors of the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine. David has been published in the CAND Vital Link, was a panelist at the BCNA ANM Conference and is slated to speak at the 2021 OncANP Conference.