Cyber Security: Maintaining Patient Privacy
Cyber breaches are becoming increasingly common and have led to significant exposure for health care practitioners. Do you know how to keep your patient’s digital information secure? Join lawyers Suzanne Armstrong and Mikel Pearce to learn why cyber criminals are interested in health care records, how recent regulatory changes affect your practice, and how to implement key risk management steps to reduce cyber threats. Bonus: Jurisprudence credits!
What You Will Learn
- Mandatory reporting requirements under PHIPA for Ontario NDs.
- Obligations in maintaining patient information privacy for Ontario NDs.
- Why cyber criminals are interested in health care records.
- How to implement key risk management steps to reduce cyber threats.
- Category A credits – no quiz required!
- Opportunity to ask the presenter questions
- Unlimited, lifetime access to the recording
- Slides and clinic resources
Suzanne Armstrong and Mikel Pearce, Lawyers.
Suzanne Armstrong is a lawyer with Strigberger Brown Armstrong LLP. In a previous life, Suzanne was deep in the healthcare, software and privacy trenches, and understands all the complexities and nuances that come with the territory. Suzanne worked in the corporate dental industry and actually knew the 5th of 5 dentists who recommend brand name toothpaste.
Mikel Pearce is a lawyer with Strigberger Brown Armstrong LLP. When he isn’t racing down the slopes or rhyming off scenes from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Mikel provides defense and coverage expertise to clients on a variety of lines, including but not limited to Cyber and Privacy.