The Hormone-Sleep Connection: Insomnia in Peri and Post Menopause
Are your peri and post-menopausal patients caught in a vicious cycle of hormonal imbalance, HPA axis dysfunction and sleep disruption? Not catching those ZZZs can increase the risk of everything from cardiovascular disease to Alzheimer's. Join Dr. Leigha Saunders, ND to learn how to properly assess for sleep disturbance and hormone imbalance, and see what the evidence is saying about hormone replacement therapy, supportive naturopathic protocols and integrative care.
What You Will Learn
- Tools to assess patients for sleep disruption.
- Best lab tests for hormonal assessment, and how to interpret the results.
- Supportive naturopathic protocols to address sleep disturbances.
- Prescribing bio-identical hormones.
- Category A credits – no quiz required!
- Opportunity to ask the presenter questions
- Unlimited, lifetime access to the recording
- Slides and clinic resources
Dr. Leigha Saunders, ND
Dr. Leigha Saunders, ND is the owner and founder of True Roots Healthcare in Uxbridge, Ontario. With a special interest in sleep medicine and the impact that sleep has on all aspects of health, she has also met the Ontario Standards of Practice for Prescribing and Intravenous Infusion Therapy (IVIT). Leigha believes that when you have your health, you have everything.