How Do Common Medications Affect Hormones?
Do you have patients on prescription medications for symptoms such as pain, depression, heartburn, or anxiety? Such routine prescriptions are often not considered triggers for hormone imbalance – but could they be? Join Dr. Carrie Jones, ND, MPH to discuss various common medications, and their influence on hormones such as estradiol, testosterone and cortisol. Learn how to discuss this issue with patients and improve hormone outcomes. Bonus: Pharma credits!
What You Will Learn
- How common medications (including birth control, opioids, steroids and statins) affect endocrine hormones.
- How to discuss with patients how their medications may be affecting their hormone health
- Best treatment options to provide symptomatic relief while addressing the root cause to improve hormone outcomes.
- Category A credits – no quiz required!
- Opportunity to ask the presenter questions
- Unlimited, lifetime access to the recording
- Slides and clinic resources
Dr. Carrie Jones, ND, MPH
Dr. Carrie Jones, ND, MPH is an internationally recognized speaker, consultant, and educator on the topic of women’s health and hormones. A previous instructor in gynecology and advanced endocrinology/fertility, Carrie has been the Medical Director for two large integrative clinics in Portland, USA. She is currently the Medical Director for Precision Analytical, Inc.